The most important rules of conduct are:
- Keep your password a secret. Never give your password to anyone else. Do not write your password down and do not save it on your computer.
- Protect your computer with security software and update this programme regularly (antivirus software & firewall).
- Regularly update your operating system and browser (updates, service packs, bug fixes)
- Never react to emails or telephone calls requesting information about your e-banking or mobile telephone.
- Always log into BKB e-banking through the official homepage of the Basler Kantonalbank.
- Never use links from other homepages or from emails.
BKB e-banking - but safely! Together with Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, the Basler Kantonalbank is committed to ensuring your security when using e-banking. You can find useful tips and rules of conduct for e-banking on the ebankingabersicher.ch website.
You can find more information at MELANI, the information page of the Swiss Reporting and Analysis Centre for Information Assurance.