Your advantages at a glance
- Greater security due to division into two channels (mobile telephone and BKB-E-Banking)
- Limited validity of the mTAN
- Review of payment recipient data thanks to transaction confirmation
- Personal mTAN directly on your mobile telephone and on your SMS-capable end device
- Free use (even outside the country)
- You enter as usual your ID and password.
- Directly afterwards, you receive an mTAN as free SMS on your mobile telephone.
- For authentication, you enter the mTAN in BKB-E-Banking.
Transaction Confirmation via mTAN (SMS)
- The mTAN is valid only for a limited time and then expires automatically
- The authentication means of BKB-E-Banking are divided anew into two channels, the Internet and the mobile telephone network (also non-Swiss mobile communication providers).
- Thanks to the transaction confirmation, payment details can be carefully reviewed before the payment is executed.
The receipt at home and abroad is free (also over non-Swiss mobile communication providers).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is mTAN?
- How can Matrix Card owners register for the mTan Log-In procedure?
- How long does the mTAN remains active?
- What needs to be done when an mTAN has expired?
- How long does it take for an mTAN to be received on the mobile phone?
- Who pays for the SMS delivery of the mTAN?
- Can mTAN also be used abroad?
- What should I do if the mobile phone used to receive the mTANs is lost or has technical problems?
- What should private customers do when they change their mobile telephone numbers?
- Can I register multiple mobile telephone numbers?
- What sender does BKB use to send the mTANs?
- After logging on in BKB E-Banking, click in the menu "Settings" and then "Manage Mobile Telephone Numbers".
- Record the telephone number under which you want to receive authentication SMS in future.
- In several days you will receive an activation code by mail. As soon as you enter this code in BKB-E-Banking the first time, mTan will be active. Until activation, you can continue to use the Matrix Card as usual.